If you have used a Samsung Android phone and tried to connect it to Windows 7, you might have sometimes encountered this error- “MTP This device cannot start. (Code 10)”. This happens when you try to connect your Samsung Galaxy phone (including Galaxy S, 3 and 5) to your PC using Kies software.
Because of this error, you will not be able to connect your phone to PC using the Kies software.
How to Solve this error:
1. Open to Samsung Kies software, on top left of the window, click the menu -> Driver recovery.
2. Let it reinstall drivers.
3. After driver installation finished, go to your phone, Settings-> Application -> Development, tick USB debugging mode. This means you are now in USB debugging mode.
4. Under USB debugging mode connect your phone to the PC with USB. Now the drivers will be installed correctly and you can see the MTP error being fixed now.
5. But now, you cannot connect it to PC since the debugging mode is active. Go to phone Settings-> Applications-> Development and disable debugging mode.
6. Disconnect it from PC and try connecting your phone again. Now you can see that the phone connects properly to Samsung Kies.